Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”). “Personal Information” is defined as information about an identifiable individual, though it does not include contact information or work product information. Personal Information may include, but is not limited to, photographs, images, a description of personal and/or physical characteristics, date of birth, body sizes, wardrobe, union status, province of residence, country of citizenship, working visa numbers, notice of assessment, address, personal preferences, resume, education, previous credits, hobbies, skills, certifications, and such other information about an identifiable individual as may be required or submitted by individuals in order to be considered for engagement as a background performer.
The Company’s Privacy Principles
- The Company is committed to maintaining the accuracy, confidentiality and security of your Personal Information. As part of this commitment, the Company has adopted the following ten principles, based on the principles set out in PIPA and PIPEDA.
- Accountability: The Company is responsible for Personal Information under its control and shall designate one or more individuals to be accountable for its compliance with these principles. In being accountable for this responsibility, the Company has implemented and established procedures to protect Personal Information and train staff accordingly.
- Identifying Purposes: The purposes for which Personal Information is collected shall be identified before or at the time the Personal Information is collected by us from you.
- Consent: Consent will be obtained for the collection, use or disclosure of Personal Information, except where applicable law provides an exemption. Limiting Collection: The Personal Information we collect shall be limited only to that Personal Information which is necessary for the purposes identified.
- Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention: Personal Information shall only be used or disclosed for the purposes for which it was collected, unless an individual has otherwise consented or when it is required or permitted by law. Personal Information shall be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- Accuracy: The Company shall keep Personal Information as accurate, complete and up-to-date as may be necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is to be used.
- Safeguards: The Company shall protect Personal Information using security safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity level of the Personal Information received.
- Openness: The Company will provide information to individuals about our policies and procedures relating to the management of Personal Information that is under our control.
- Individual Access: Upon written request to our Privacy Officer, an individual will be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of their Personal Information that is under our control, and may be given access to that information as required and permitted by law. Individuals are entitled to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and request that it be amended, if appropriate.
Collection, Maintenance, and Use
The Company provides casting services to production companies, networks, agencies, managers, casting directors, and other motion picture, theatrical, radio, television, and
entertainment professionals which includes the aggregation of casting application submissions from people wishing to be considered as potential candidates in the casting search.
The Company may collect and use all or any portion of your Personal Information for the purposes of providing features of our Website, providing the Services, selecting you (if at all) as a prospective candidate for casting in one or multiple film, television and/or other productions, verifying the accuracy and truthfulness of the submitted Personal Information, storing and maintaining your information on a database of prospective background performers, determining eligibility for products and services, researching potential enhancements to the Website or Services, researching potential enhancements to our marketing practices, managing your application and our relationship, communicating with you, assessing your future needs, communicating with a third party, or otherwise managing our business. The Company’s use of your Personal Information is not limited to the foregoing, but such use is limited only to the extent necessary to deliver the Services or operate the business. Personal Information may also be used for other purposes, subject to obtaining your prior consent for such use. If the Company does not select you as a prospective candidate for casting in current or future film, television and/or other productions, the Company will discard and delete your Personal Information. If you do not want to receive unsolicited marketing communications from us, please contact us at [email protected]. This will allow you to opt out of telephone and email communications and/or to change previously submitted opt-out preferences. The Company may disclose any of the Personal Information we collect to affiliates, subsidiaries, successors and other service providers or agents who perform various functions for us. The Company may further disclose any of the Personal Information to other casting personnel, producers, companies or other persons under any of the following circumstances:
PIPA further deems that an individual has consented to the Company’s collection, use or disclosure of Personal Information about the individual if, at the time the consent is deemed to be given, the purpose would be considered obvious to a reasonable person. In such circumstances, the Company will collect, use or disclose Personal Information without obtaining written or verbal consent to do so. It is important that your Personal Information is current, accurate, factual and complete. The Company relies on you to keep us informed of any changes, simply by contacting us. If you identify any Personal Information that is out-of-date, incorrect or incomplete, please let us know. We will make the corrections promptly and use every commercially reasonable effort to communicate these changes to other parties who may have inadvertently received incorrect or out-of-date Personal Information from us.
We do not purposefully or knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under the age of majority in the jurisdiction of their residence (“Minor”) without the consent of their
parent of legal guardian. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Minor has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, please contact us. If we
become aware that we have collected Personal Information from Minors without verification of parental consent, we will discard and delete said Personal Information.
Safeguarding Personal Information
Privacy Inquiries and Correcting Your Information
If you have concerns or questions regarding our privacy practices or this Privacy Statement, you may contact us at backl[email protected].[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]